1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another editor gets out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Grey

Grey Member

Well, thanks loads for the coffee on my shirt!

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My sources at the Daily News are telling me that sports editor Leon Carter is leaving to become Mike Lupica's chauffeur.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Bad idea. Given Luppy's stature, his chauffeur will constantly be pulled over in Greenwich, Conn., for "driving while black." They won't be able to see the esteemed columnist's head above the back seat of the fine luxury motor car.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Jon's a class act. I am happy that we were able to work together at the Daily News in Los Angeles. I wish him nothing but the best in his newest gig.

5. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

Took an inteview with an inusrance company thatwanted me to be a copy writer and editor for pamphlets. We were talking cake work for $60,000-$80,000. To run a shift of junior writers and designers? $85,000-$110,000.

Marketing copy writing and internal corporate publications people. That's the way to go. Didn't get the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted