1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another eBay question - Now I want to sell.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Aug 15, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Get.A.Room. ;D

Luggy, you think your husband doesn't read SportsJournalists.com?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Luggy, let me know what your seller ID is. I'd love to see what you have for sale...you seem to be a tasteful woman. :)

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're just looking for a massage with no strings attached.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

NEVER! I always reciprocate. Maybe not immediately...but I reciprocate.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

n_w - Well, Mr. Lugs is bored by this place, surprisingly. Sometimes he says something like, "Ask your sports journalists pals such and such." What was it he wanted me to ask you people about the other day?.......... Ummmmmm........ Can't remember. Anyway, if he did peek on here, he'd find out about the bag... Oh well!

IJAG: Will do! :)

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I've a pretty active ebay buyer, but have never sold. I've never had a problem. I don't have a pay pal account and I've never had anyone say they wouldn't take a money order or a check.

Stop at your local Borders or Barnes & Noble as I think there are books out there about selling stuff on ebay. And definitely be careful of your shipping fees. Over exhorbitant shipping fees often prevent me from bidding, but I do know you have to make sure you're covering your packaging and postage costs.

Good luck!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Love PayPal. Won't even look at an auction that doesn't take PayPal. Buy. Click. Pay. Done.

I use eBay too much. Very few problems. Had one seller not ship an item that I'd paid for with PayPal. I contacted PayPal, they did who knows what and I had my money - all of it, shipping included - in 10 days.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Several years ago my PayPal account was hacked for about $1600. Don't have a clue how it happened, but resolving it was an all-day affair and a huge pain in the ass. Fortunately my bank was forgiving, PayPal didn't care one lick.

I still use PayPal, but no longer have it connected to my checking account. It's purely a credit-card intermediary for me.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Shipping costs should at least pay for the actual shipping and insertion fees...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seriously. Would someone bid on my Tiger Stadium poster to get this guy over the reserve mark because he was too stupid to buy it now for 10 more bucks?

Draft saved Draft deleted