1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another eBay question - Now I want to sell.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

TV people make waaaaayyyyyy too much money... :D

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nice collection of Hollywould's at piperlime.com. I hate sc for having that in her sig. :)

That being said, Lugs, I'm pretty sure there are protections in place with both eBay and with PayPal if a buyer doesn't pay up. Check with PayPal's site...there should be an FAQ section.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Wow - piperlime - looks like they're trying to compete with Zappos. Great tip, thanks.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

If a buyer doesn't pay up, it's simple. You just file a non-paying bidder claim and ebay will refund/cancel your selling fees.

It's when the seller has to file a dispute that it gets more complicated.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Don't worry about PayPal. There are protections in place, and it makes the transaction much more convenient. On both the buying and selling sides I hate transactions that can't go through PayPal.

Regardless of what method you use to ship, be sure to have tracking/delivery confirmation available.

And don't be stingy on your shipping costs, but don't go overboard, either. A lot of sellers lowball prices for items but charge huge shipping fees, which as a buyer makes me look elsewhere. And a lot of novice sellers don't charge enough for shipping and end up losing money on the sale. Before you put the listing together, package the item and weigh it. In your listing you can specify the weight of the shipment and it'll automatically calculate shipping costs for potential buyers. You can also add a few bucks into the shipping costs for packaging/handling; I usually make it a few bucks.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh heaven's yes, get tracking numbers. Forgot that one.

And don't be afraid to sell to Canadian buyers/sellers. It's easier than you think. I can get you a decent set of guidelines for shipping to and from us Canucks.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Someone bid on my Tiger Stadium poster... please? Got some guy who wants it, but he's not near my reserve price...

Have also been on a Canadian coin kick... am waiting for three coloured maple leafs to arrive and an 1859 penny...

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Am going to put my McGwire jersey up soon ...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somewhere, JD V got a hardon and he's nowhere near a mirror...

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Should I take pictures first?

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

And, to add to that, don't be afraid to sell internationally as long as it's going somewhere you can get tracking info.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

MacDaddy & Flash: Good advice - that's just what I was looking for - thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted