1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another dumb question from King Stupid of the Grand Duchy of Retardia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. Mystery_Meat

    Mystery_Meat Guest

    The arm motion a referee makes when he makes a traveling call: what would you call it? It's for a shitty story that'll suck, but at least I can get that right.
  2. Buck

    Buck Well-Known Member

    I just call it the sign or signal for travelling.
    Is there another name for it?
  3. spnited

    spnited Active Member

    I thought this was going to be about our esteemed commander in chief.

    Buck is right. There is no name for it except the signal for travelling (and please do not start a running travelling thread)
  4. pallister

    pallister Guest

    No wonder you don't use your real name on here, MM.
  5. Mystery_Meat

    Mystery_Meat Guest

    I mean the actual arm motion. Like a clipping call in football would be a sweeping motion of the arm behind the leg, or a first down would be pointing the arm toward the opposing team's end zone. That sort of thing.
  6. How about revolving your hands around each other in a circular motion? Too wordy?
  7. TheSportsPredictor

    TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

    I wonder how deaf people tell each other what ref signals mean.
  8. Mystery_Meat

    Mystery_Meat Guest

    That's what I was thinking. I keep coming back to the word "mixing", but that's stupid! The Hustle?
  9. Buck

    Buck Well-Known Member

    How about: 'similar to a referee's false start signal in football.'
    That's a pretty good description.
  10. writing irish

    writing irish Active Member

    The HabiTrail hand jive
  11. old_tony

    old_tony Well-Known Member

    How about simply "a rotation of the forearms"?

    Or maybe The Daunte Culpepper "See ya' on The Love Boat" dance?
  12. Eagleboy

    Eagleboy Guest

    Rolling your arms over each other?
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page