1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Disingenuous Francesa Moment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone hear Francesa on today with Rich Eisen. All season Francesa has been critical of the NFL Network and what a poor job they were doing on their telecasts.

Today with Rich Eisen on show Francesa was effusive in his praise of the NFL Network.

Typical of how Francesa operates.

Were you listening Phil Mushnick?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Eisen dies in a plane crash tomorrow, Fatso will want to give him the Ford C. Frick Award.

(Yes, I know why that would seem odd, which is why it's funny to me.)

3. Boom_70

I think Francesa would have awarded Eisen an Emmy on the spot if he could have done so. Hell he might have given him a Pulitzer.

4. cortez

cortez Member

Yet, he and his illiterate partner are the first to jump on print guys for not asking tough questions "in a big spot.''

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and once the mano-a-mano is over, the backstabbing frequently recommences, especially with the Pup.

6. Boom_70

Exactly - they had every opportunity to put Eisen on spot for all they had been saying for the last 2 months about the NFL network and poor job they were doing.

True to form it was smiles all around - "you guys are doing a great job".

Just a sickening interview.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yet the grilled Collinsworth about how bad Bryant Gumbel was on play-by-play

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

To be fair, they've attacked the game broadcasts. I've never heard them say anything bad about the other programming, and I don't think they said that the game broadcasts were good. You can kill them for not attacking the games with Eisen, but they didn't contradict themselves.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rich Eisen's Pennis.

Because that will never, ever get old.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Two biggers phonies, you won't find.

On a somewhat related note, I caught MSG, NY last night. Maybe it's me, but it was like Sportscenter on acid.

Draft saved Draft deleted