1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another day, another tragic CFB coverup...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Aug 2, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...La Tech's bulldog mascot didn't go missing...he died of heatstroke.

Update/Statement re: Tech XX

Early Wednesday afternoon, Louisiana Tech University learned of the passing of Tech XX through the following communication from Dr. Patrick Sexton.

Regretfully, I learned this morning that through negligence of an employee, Tech XX was left outside too long on Sunday evening and passed away from a heat stroke. That employee unfortunately chose to handle it the wrong.
    and attempted to cover it up. Due to this negligence, the employee is no longer employed by Sexton Animal Health Center.

My family, my staff and I are extremely upset at this tragic turn of events as I know the entire Louisiana Tech Family is as well. Tech XX was a member of our immediate family and a daily part of our lives for the past four years. We are devastated over the circumstances of his passing and there will be a large void in our hearts for some time to come. As with any family member, we will spend considerable time grieving his passing.

Patrick R. Sexton, DVM

Statement from Louisiana Tech University:

“Louisiana Tech University was saddened to learn of Tech XX’s passing this past Sunday evening. He will be remembered for being a fan favorite and a symbol of the spirit of Louisiana Tech.

Since becoming our official mascot in 2008, Tech XX received superior care and a loving home from Dr. Patrick Sexton and, despite the unfortunate circumstances of the past few days, we are grateful for all he and his family have done for our beloved mascot.

Tech XX was a cherished member of the Louisiana Tech Family and, together, we will all grieve his passing.”

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And the level of outrage from animal rights types will be vastly out of proportion ...

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm going to boycott Louisiana Tech. I never did like Karl Malone.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Poor mutt! He hung on in the heat for a few hours or so."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I saw this elsewhere, and my first thought was that if this happened at UGA, the vet center employee would be under 24-hour police protection.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Will the rest of their mascots be allowed to transfer without sitting out a year??

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Winner

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You mean they didn't really take him to an agricultural college where he'd have more room to run and play?

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He was already at an agricultural college.

11. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Mitt Romney thinks that the dog could have been revived if they just got him some fresh air.

Draft saved Draft deleted