1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another crazy high school football ending

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Oct 6, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Dear John Glenn fan,

Your team is freakin' awful. You guys are an abomination. This isn't 2006. Also, Plymouth you also suck.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It is true that the holder is allowed to have the ball with one knee down. I doubt it is true that the holder is allowed to have one knee down and still advance after picking up a blocked kick.

3. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

After a block, if anyone picks up the ball with their down, they are down. Their is no special rule for a holder picking up a ball that already has been kicked.

The holder was coming up from his kneeling position as he picked up the ball, though, and I don't think you can conclusively say his knee was still down when he gained possession. I'd say it probably was but you can't really see the ball from that angle to say for sure.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What about the coaches being on the field? Seems like that should have nullified the play.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

To hell with the play, the most astonishing thing is that you guys televised high school football.

Draft saved Draft deleted