1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another columnist who can't write

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Blushing, Sep 28, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

All I want to know is what happened to Kevin.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ask your trusty pipeline. It knows all, remember?

Or you could, you know, read the first page of this thread where, seven months ago, it was mentioned he was part of the DMN buyout.

Either way.

3. greenie

greenie Member

Six months later, you're still a bush-league cheap-shot artist who couldn't hold Jacques' jock. He ain't Shakespeare, but he's gotten a lot of folks fired up in six months as a columnist. He must be doing something right.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, we get that. But where did he re-surface?

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't read Taylor. Encountered him once at Cowboys camp, and he seemed a good guy; much more subdued than the guy from the Fort Worth paper.

But it must be noted that some of the worst columnists have the ability to get people "fired up". Inciting emotion is not necessarily an indicator of quality.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hold Jacques' jock. What a precious little pun.

And there's that idea again that if your readers hate you, you're not a fuck-up.

7. that
    He's not a fuck up, but I'll bet you are.

Aside from that, if the person that fired this one up again needs to know where Blackistone is, start up a seperate thread...please allow the above nonsense to die.

8. Herbert Anchovy

[​IMG]

9. hockeydaze

hockeydaze New Member

Jacque must be doing something right -- columnist at a major paper. How many hacks in here would love to have that job but have zero shot, even if Jacque left today. End of story.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Columnist by default, you mean.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A rudimentary google search doesn't show a resurfacing.

Must have been a hell of a buyout.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've never read this guy, so I have no dog in the hunt. But the quoted post is pure dreck. That assumes all people doing hiring are perfect in their judgments, aren't constrained by budgets, are never told that the next hire has to fit certain non-writing criteria, are never told that an internal hire has to be made, always hire based purely on quality...and so on and so forth.

Draft saved Draft deleted