1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Chuck E Cheese brawl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/19/seven-charged-in-matteson-chuck-e-cheeses-brawl/

These places fuel more arguments and fights than a New York nightclub.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've never met anyone who was happy who worked at a Chuck E. Cheese. After visiting one on a Saturday afternoon, I can see why.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My older daughter (almost 19) works at a CEC and seems to really like it. She tells some pretty funky stories that would surprise you -- believe it or not, Eid al-Fitr (the Muslim feast to commemorate the end of Ramadan) is their busiest, craziest night of the year -- and some that are pretty heart-wrenching. She was the party hostess recently for a little girl gravely ill (I think cancer) and had to hold herself together through lots of tear-jerking moments. I've encouraged her to maybe branch out for better-paying gigs (tips are largely an aberration at CEC, where members of "the cast" are paid minimum wage), since I figure anyone who can make a CEC gig work can do anything customer-service related. But, they're very accommodating with her school schedule and she likes the people she works with.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Blame the women and children.

Witnesses told police the dispute started when two children got into an argument, the mothers of the children then got into a confrontation and it escalated.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You know, the only way to stop this is to close every Chuck E. Cheese.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Lot of parents would be in favor of that.

7. How about people don't yell or get into fight in public? It's not that hard.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hey. Bitch snake your ticket jackpot, cut that bitch.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Really would be a public service.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Between this and the shitsock, one must ask ... is it a Chicago thing?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Have you ever been to a Chuck E. Cheese?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I blame Whack A Mole.

Draft saved Draft deleted