1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

another car buying quest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, May 10, 2010.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

If you're looking at a 300c, see if your local Pontiac dealer is still open with a G8 in stock. They should be going pretty cheap these days. Similar with the Saturn Aura, which could be serviced at a Chevy or Buick dealership (same basic car as the Chevy Malibu and one of the Buick models, maybe the Lucerne).

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This thread is selecting the Ford, based on the ads.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

too funny. he had a stroke last year and can't drive. it's either sell it or trade it. i've been driving it.

i'm leaning heavily toward the truck. the 300c is sweet to look at and a beast to drive (in the good way) but the truck's durability and price tag are winning out. found a black (w/ tan two-tone on lower part) 4-door super crew today with the small v8 that's a 2006 with only 45k miles and in extremely good cosmetic condition.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm neither a truck nor a Ford fan. But, given these parameters, the F-150 is a complete no-brainer.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

went for a 2006 f-150 super crew lariat. pretty truck.

Draft saved Draft deleted