1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another candidate for the headline pantheon

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Birdscribe, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Mrs. Birdscribe called me over to her computer last night, cracking up. She said she had to preface the story before showing me the link of what immediately became one of my favorite headlines ever...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43555111/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/doobie-or-not-doobie-question-bard/?GT1=43001

None of us bothered to read the story. We were alternately in awe and cracking up about the headline.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No more calls please ... WE HAVE A WINNER!

3. bdangelo

bdangelo Member

Beautiful, just beautiful.

4. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Great headline. Of course, I'm still reeling from the St. Petersburg Times' headline on Sunday, about the city's Gay Pride festivities:

"Pumped and Proud"

Not sure that was the best available option, but ...

5. nmsports

nmsports Member

My favorite headline(s) was actually a case of butting heds, but neither was boxed, just a slight change in type face.
    This was spread across five columns on A1: "Coaches accused of scalping" and right next to it in the final column: "Mike Tyson"
    RIP Albuquerque Tribune, March 26, 1992. I still have it up on my bulletin board.

6. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Draft saved Draft deleted