1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Boston Globe defection

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Left_Coast, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

If I'm d_bing, my apologies.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/shots/

Patriots beat writer Jerome Solomon leaving after 16 months to go back to the Houston Chronicle to do a Page Two-type column.

This after Chris Snow (Red Sox) and Nancy Marrapese-Burrell (Bruins) left or were reassigned.

2. dhenleyfan

dhenleyfan New Member

Where did Nancy go, or to what was she reassigned???

3. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

From the story:

In addition, Sullivan’s sports desk has also, in a matter of weeks, lost its primary Red Sox beat writer, Chris Snow (to the Minnesota Wild); its primary Bruins beat writer, Nancy Marrapese-Burrell (to more of a general assignment position);

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Jerome's a good guy. Guess Boston wasn't his cup o' tea and he wanted to get back to Sweat City. Best of luck to him.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Seems like there's a lot of shuffling going on in the market right now.

6. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Thanks for that informative and insightful post, Jim.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Harry Doyle: Rick Vaughn gets the starting call today. We hear he matured a lot over the winter, apparently he's bathing now. Congratulations, Rick. As you know, Monte, Vaughn is working on a couple of new pitches. The Eliminator and the Humilator to complement his fastball, the Terminator.
    Monte: I heard that.
    Harry Doyle: Dynamite drop-in Monte. That broadcast school has really paid off.

9. OkayPlayer

OkayPlayer Member

Covered a game in Boston the other week. Seems like there was a lot of young Globe reporters scurrying about the clubhouses. I knew Chris Snow and knew he was great at what he did. Are these other young Globe kids any good? Perhaps they were interns? I've heard the Globe's getting younger, but I didn't realize their staff resembled a college paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted