1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another blow to Hillary Clinton's campaign

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The talented star of HBO's "Girls," Lena Dunham, is suffering a flare-up of her endometriosis, which can cause gastrointestinal problems. She is taking a break from public appearances while her gastrointestinal issues subside.

Lena Dunham Won't Attend Girls Press tour Due to Health Concerns

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. Why are we here?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This thread is a bigger blow to the name of Sportsjournalists.com. Let's change the name to SJ.com and say it standsfor nothing, like KFC.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was working on an espresso machine ar home the other night, and my wife was watching some show on her iPad.

I look over, and see... Lena Dunham!

She was watching Girls!

She's so not into pop culture or politics, she had no idea who she was.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had a house full of guys and Sunday night and a few of them swear by the show. That included a dyed-in-the-wool, MBA-certified Republican, a hard-boiled Cook County detective, and a blue collar white guy with a James Harden beard.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It happens. I found myself watching The Bachelor for the first time in my life last night. I was horrified.

7. YankeeFan

It's been years since I've watched the Bachelor, but I'm not going to defend my TV viewing habits.

It includes way too much bad "reality" TV.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't watch The Bachelor. The fact that it has an audience (including my sister, who has parties with her friends to watch each episode) frightens me.

But I do watch Big Brother religiously, so I guess I'm really no different. Sigh.

9. YankeeFan

But, for the record, I kept working, and did not watch Girls.

10. YankeeFan

All things regarding Tiny Houses is our new thing. Those people are all crazy.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I've never gotten into mainstream reality TV, unless "Chopped" and the original "Kitchen Nightmares" count.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I gave up on Girls somewhere in the second season. I wanted to like it. I just couldn't relate and didn't find it entertaining.

DQ, we like Chopped, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted