1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

another 'bloggers aren't journalists' column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thebiglead, Nov 3, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Darn, 2gloves beat me to it. But was anyone else laughing out loud at this:

"[McCosky] has had it out for bloggers ever since he got caught with his pants down in May of 2003 when he emphatically wrote in the paper that there was no chance in hell that Pistons head coach Rick Carlisle was going to get fired.
    When this website broke the story that Carlisle was in fact on his way out (through a source close to Joe Dumars), McCosky discredited us as Internet wackos.
    We all know what happened next. Carlisle was fired and the stupid ass beat writer of the Pistons looked like a fool.
    So did he give the "bloggers" credit for breaking the huge story? Absoulutely not.
    Instead he continued to attack the DSR and NEVER acknowledged that he had been scooped by an attorney and an insurance appraiser."

or this?

"I could go on and on about all of the stories that OTHERS have broken about the team while he has been on the beat, but what do I know? I mean, I just took some journalism classes in college and didn't dedicate my life to writing boring and bland recaps of the latest Pistons-Timberwolves game. Yes, I love it when "journalists" play this card that only they can report the news. Like they are fucking heart surgeons or something. Hey Chris, in college I must have missed that journalism class on being a lapdog for team management."

And the capper ...

"This is a man who works hand in hand with Rob Parker, Terry Foster and Lynn Henning and he has the chutzpah to make that comment? <b>I guess Parker taking $5,000 from Joe Dumars to bail himself out a bad book deal only to repay him by blowing him in the paper every chance he gets is Barbrady's idea of journalistic credibility.</b> And can someone explain to me what is pertinent about Foster's articles regarding his son, "Little B", getting picked on at the bus stop? Did I miss that class in journalism school also?"

(my bold)

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Whatever good points the blogger might have had in his response were obscured by the classless and vicious personal attacks in his post. What a poorly written, unprofessional piece of crap.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wow, you never see "professionals" do that.
    How come you can't call out professionals when they screw up. How many times do you see professionals do the same thing you accuse the blogger of.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I don't think it's professional to call someone who criticizes you a "fucking chump" or an "insecure, talentless, piece of wasted human flesh." The level of vitriol in that blog was way beyond what McCoskey had in his column, not to mention it was far more personal. It read like a piece of hate mail from a nutjob reader.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You know what they say, act like you've been there before? Many bloggers refuse to do that.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would agree, it is far from professional but so is what guys like Mariotti and Bayless spew.

7. Babs

Babs Member

It may not be very professional, but damn if it isn't entertaining.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The name calling this bozo always stoops to sort of undermines what little credibility he thinks he has.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

and in the middle of his vile, vulgar rant, the little prick actually had the gall to claim bloggers have their credibility at stake just as much as journalists.

Draft saved Draft deleted