1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another athlete makes up fake reason for serious injury

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 8, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, another world-class athlete seriously injures himself doing something most 60-year-olds can do with no problem. I buy it, suuuuuure:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/11/middleweight_champ_kelly_pavli.html

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I cut my finger on a can of tuna fish about two weeks ago. That bled like a bitch.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

And your theory for the incident is...?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

miss any more than a week of work, dog?

5. TheSportsPredictor

If you were a world-class athlete, it would have required 108 stitches!

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are one brave journalist, sir.

and oh yeah, god's speed with the injury.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I'm not a doctor. I have no idea how buckweaver is doing. You'll know how he's feeling when you watch us lay out the section Sunday."--Bill Belichick

8. TheSportsPredictor

Boy, athletes and big pieces of glass don't mix -- wait, that's another thread.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2008-02-19-3622276460_x.htm

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I should give Hunter Pence points for a good, aggressive lay or admonish him. One hand, not many would use the glass bathroom door as leverage to let some spring training skeezer ride him, but he's a gamer.

On the other hand, it could have just been oral sex, in which case, Pence is skittish beyond words. Dude ... sometimes they do stroke the balls. Don't act like you just took a tazer blast, play it off like you've been there before.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've done that twice and seen it done numerous times at parties. More often with a screen door, thankfully.

11. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

I too have done that with a screen door. Man did i kick that screen's ass. I'm guessing Pence might have been a little drunk for this one.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If they trained in Arizona I would have asked if he was staying at Kerry Wood's house.

Draft saved Draft deleted