1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another AP boo-boo?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SportsGuyBCK, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

We have some free time on our hands.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

They have in the past. I like the two game stories on the final write-thru intended for the home audiences, but please, bring back the wild card standings. That's the main reason for checking the standings nowadays.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yes, no wild card standings, yet today I come in and get a reminder, for the second time in a month, that the Atlanta Thrashers are now the Winnipeg Jets, and here's the new coding for the hockey stax.

4. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Sep has been proper in tab form. Not sure if Sept. has been changed in column form.

5. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Not a big deal, just something that caught my eye (pouring over a boatload of agate trying to find something to cut to make it fit will do that) and made me do a double take ... I even went back into our archives from last year to check, and everything had come over as "Sept." ...

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wake me up
    when Sep
    ends

7. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

This isn't the forum for this debate...someone should really take this up with their local politician. I bet we could convince them to spend a ton of money working to get our 't' back in Sep. Just the platform for some up and coming presidential candidate. While everyone else is worrying about the national debt, job creation and terrorism, some promising new candidate can promise to give us back Sept. :)

8. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Fixed.

9. HanSenSE

But enough about the monologues by the president of FIFA.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You wanna talk AP boo-boos? Make any sense out of this passage:

11. HanSenSE

All I know is, the devil's complaining about the AC. When I put together college football standings today, it was spelled "Sept." And not only that, there was an advisory stating Wild Card standings would start moving today.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Worst haiku ever. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted