1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anonymous commenters refuse to out themselves. Duh.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Jul 23, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe because it's an old topic around here, but this seemed a little naive and outdated to me:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jul/23/plenty-opinions-few-names/

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Oh, I don't know. I actually was a bit surprised by that, because I figure at least some people simply don't want to be identified by something as random as a message board listing but wouldn't mind for a story. Guess I was wrong.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If enough people agree with you, I will remove the 'duh.' Might be a little rude.

I did find it interesting that the one guy finally out himself after 16,000 posts, because he decided he wanted credit for his opinions. I truly get that, believe me.

But the overall tone of the story seemed to be 'Anonymity gives people the freedom to say what they want to say.' Ya think?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Registration required. That is a pretty sweet picture with the article, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted