1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

annual thanksgiving thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I am off Thursday ... but I will have to get up at 6 a.m. on Friday and drive 6 hours to cover a high school playoff game.

GRRRRRRR!

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Not to jack the thread into a soda screed but ... ummmm Vernors.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, this is the first year that I can ever remember that I actually have no family at all to cook for. Divorce does that to a person. Momma Allen is going out of town to visit other family. AlleyAllen is going to a dinner at a place that I apparently can't crash. And Little Liesl has a (yes, only one) ticket to the UT/TAMU game and has not been able to snag her mother a ticket.

So pretty much, I plan to be drunk before noon and stay that way all day. Until a point that I crash and sleep it off and rest up to work on Black Friday in retail with all the freaks that will be making my day hell.

Maybe I'll start a drunk thread that day, since all the Mods will be busy eating their turkey. And I can keep all you that have to work entertained here on the board.

4. I'm cooking for the family for the first time. I finally have a place big enough to hold my family. I am majorly stressing out about it. Just hoping I have enough food for everyone.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My parents, brother, his gf, and my in-laws are headed for a cabin in Gatlinburg. I'm frying a turkey, and the girls are going midnight shopping at the outlets. We'll eat leftover turkey sandwiches and watch Bama-Auburn on Saturday, play pool and sit in the hot tub, sipping on beer and the vino.

This will definitely be the last T'giving and Christmas we'll have around the folks for a while, and I'll probably be 'cross the pond next year. Hope it's a good one.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

mrs. shockey returned this p.m. from her thanksgiving/family food shopping for the week. we're supposedly only doing the turkey and a green veggie. rest of the family i bringing all else, in theory.

total grocery bill: 250 bucks!

cripes!!!

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Working.

Although I'll pop in to see some relatives earlier in the day.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Every one of you better join the Crossed Giblets thread, starting Monday. Bring cookies and Grey Goose.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know I have a front row seat

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'll join this year even though I'm a Crossed Giblets virgin. Or is that a contradiction in terms?

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'll be working a day shift, so we'll be having Thanksgiving dinner around . . . dinner time. I'd rather do that than work the night shift, thus eating the turkey at like, noon. Plus, I can have wine with dinner.

I figure it'll be pretty boring around here during the day, so I'll be looking forward to plenty of CGoD updates.

I have one question for 21: I picture Lou as looking something like the "gotta make the donuts" guy. Am I close?

12. lono

lono Active Member

Got your back on the Goose, 21. Count on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted