1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annual NIT meltdown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by djc3317, Mar 14, 2007.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I may be the only person watching this, but it looks like Syracuse is in the middle of being the annual, "Wah, wah, we didn't make the tournament" team to lose its first game in the NIT. Shame the mighty South Alabama Jaguars have to be the team to do it. 2-3 zone, my ding-ding.

Also, I think South Alabama coach John Pelphrey's haircut makes him look like the bass player in a bad christian rock band.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Drexel beat Syracuse to the punch last night.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What? Syracuse is down 4 with 10 minutes left, how is that a meltdown?

4. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

I was just going to say, perhaps Boeheim should have spent less time bitching about not making the tournament and more time preparing his team for South Alabama....

of course, as I type this, the 'Cuse just tied the game....

5. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

yeah, syracuse has gone on a 9-0 run since I started typing that first post. it was looking like the wheels were falling off. now it's looking that way for the jags.

6. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

yeah, I definitely posted about this too early. cuse is now on a 16-0 run and every south alabama possession looks like a juco team on the floor.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'd just like to add...

;D ;D ;D

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i love that "juco team" line.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The NIT did Drexel no favor by putting them up against arguably the hottest team entering the NIT.

Granted, saying the hottest team entering the NIT is akin to saying the hottest looking ugly person, but still Drexel deserved a better fate than what they got.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

You have just got to love the NITs. (Just a sarcastic point to show how stupid it really sounds to write the NCAAs in a story.)

11. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

Maybe, but it was N.C. State's fifth game in six days.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And Drexel hadn't played in nine days. So, they came in rusty. Couple that with the fact they were jilted in front of a live national audience and that counterbalanced any fatigue issue for NC State.

Draft saved Draft deleted