1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annual Augusta National He-Man Woman Haters Club Masters Dilemma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Mar 28, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Many other people can't seem to get past it. Their club, their land, their buildings. Their rules.
    My wife is as quick as most women to jump on any perceived bias based on gender. She also knows little about golf and really doesn't want to. I presented her the facts about Augusta National. Her first reation: "why would any woman want to be someplace where they're not wanted."
    When I told her it was not a public club, she said, "Oh .... then who cares if women are in or not?"

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just because you say so?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not sure where you get this hick thing since I was born in a city with a population of 1.5 mill and the smallest city I've lived in is about 75 thou or so. But keep stereotyping as much you claim other people do. Also notice you continue to imply racism where none was suggested. But pretty sure everyone sees you for what you are.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong ... I'm just fine and dandy being a member of a club with both sexes as members. But I don't have any problem at all with a bunch of men or women saying, for this part of my life, I believe I'll hang with my own. Again, not my cup of tea ...

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The absence of zagoshe and "pussification of America" on this thread is surprising

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

hondo and the missus enjoy a lovely evening at home:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. dooley_womack1

With Carroll O'Connor actually being one of Hollywood's most died-in-the-wool liberals. Norman Lear's intention was to have Archie be a character that would make viewers think negatively of people with prejudices. He couldn't have guessed how many people admired Archie at face value.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, unlike Edith my wife is permitted to think for herself. She expressed her opinion. She's more concerned about issues such as equal pay, health care and poor high school girls with no access to birth control.
    And when they do admit a woman, it ain't gonna be Martha Burk or Gloria Allred. It likely will be a rich, Republican woman like most of the membership. (although as I say that, I remembered that Hootie Johnson was in charge of the Bill Clinton re-election efforts in South Carolina).

9. dooley_womack1

But she better not sit in your chair! No one else sits in that chair except Sammy Davis Jr

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Always love a good "All in the Family" threadjack.

11. dooley_womack1

Indeed, Meathead.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

This was absolutely crushed.

And hondo, who makes a big deal of saying he put me on that-which-we-cannot-mention, replied anyway. Of course. And the next person to step up and defend you will be the first. Your record here speaks for itself, slack-jawed yokel.

Draft saved Draft deleted