1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annoying commercials revisited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Aug 26, 2006.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

God, I really hate this commercial.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The ones where some moron is sitting at his desk eating a bowl of cereal and only hears half of what somebody is saying. Who the fuck eats a bowl of cereal at their desk in the middle of the day?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Head On: Apply directly to ... dammit, line!

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Is that for DQ's (racist?) Moolatte? http://www.slate.com/id/2103845/

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm real tired of these also. And has anyone noticed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Separated at birth?

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

That's the other one! What fucking moron cashed a paycheck for coming up with that drivel?

And speaking of car commercials, I hate them all:

"Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt."

While they're nearly tearing the chassis from the frame in awe-inspiring moves.

Fuck that. I don't give a shit what the car can do with a professional driver on a closed course. I just want to know if the son of a bitch is going to start when it's 10 degrees below zero outside.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Kenny Mayne = Progressive shill = most uncomfortable commerical spokesman ever. And they're terribly written.

The Capital One spots have been cruising their way into the Annoying Hall of Fame for many years now.

Applebee's guys deserve to die horrid deaths.

No wait, corny deaths.

They could do some cutesy version of John Lennon's Woman, with lyrics changed to reflect some forgettable Applebee's chicken kickers bullshit or whatever they serve, and some lone nut could shoot them both so he could impress ex-Pittsburgh Steelers running back Barry Foster.

Or something like that.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Damn.

I humbly bow down in your presence, sire.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

TwoGloves, great call. I tried eating cereal like what they're selling and I heard every word others at the table were saying. Thus, the commercial was a failure and I'll never buy that cereal again.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I have vengeful hate for the husband-and-wife in the Sonic commercials. Look like they hate each other and should be divorced.... incredibly annoying. I'm waiting for the one where they turn the key and the car explodes, Mafia hit-style.
    I do, however, like the two Sonic guys. They're at least mildly amusing.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OH...MY....GODDDD!

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

No, I think it was for Cheesequake Blizzard, and fucking dilldo on the plane starts eating it when the guy who bought it is trying to get his luggage in the overhead compartment. Guy sees the other guy eating it, gets mad, suitcase hits lady on head, repeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted