1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annoying commercials revisited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

What about those car commercials that just feature candid and witty conversations between the young and pretty occupants...until all of a sudden CRASHBANGBOOMFUCKSTICKSKAPLOOEY!!!!!!!!!...there's a violent collision with another vehicle?

It's a terriffic advertising idea: Sell cars by making people afraid to drive. Every time I see one of those, I'm possessed of the urge to both vomit and take the bus.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I want to be indignant at that, but I can't. Well played.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

When I see those commercials begin -- and I realize what they are -- I race to change the channel before the wreck. I can't watch them. They're so effective that I can't even tell you what they are commercials for.

4. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I've always hated the Vonage ads...whoooo-hooo, whoooo, hoo, hoo. More annoying than Chandler Bing's old girl friend's laugh.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The Wendy's commerical with the whistling in it. That one drives me up a wall.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

the little richard-geico commercial's great. i like all of the geico's, except charo's. 8)

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I've got a bunch.

Those Ted Ferguson: Bud Light Daredevil commericials. I want to take a baseball bat across that fucker's face.

The Snicker's commercial where that guy starts singing a song to the guy eating a Snicker's.

The Century 21 commercial where that family waltzes into someone's house and tells the people living there that they're going to buy their house. Where's my baseball bat?

Whatever happened to commercials like the Bud Light commercials with Iggy, the crazy dude stranded on a desert island?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Vonage. Not only because I hate those fuckers.

The fucking Jewel commercials for NASCAR. Followed closely by the Lisa Marie Presley ones I used to see.

Also anything involving Will Ferrell running around in tighty whiteys.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Those Axe body spray commercials.

"Wait a sec...you mean that instead of getting in shape, developing a healthy personality, dressing in a fashion-forward manner and possessing witty and effective verbal skills, all I really need to do to get laid frequently is spritz some scrote-smelling man perfume on my body? Geez, why didn't you tell me earlier? I'll have the bacon triple cheeseburger with mayo and sweet cream buttermilk, please."

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think the "scrote-smelling man perfume" is in addition to the other stuff. Not a replacement.

I'd get the double cheeseburger, just to be safe.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

For you midwesterners, can't stand the stupid Sonic commercials.

The Dairy Queen commercial with the man on the plane is the one I can't sit through. What I'd like to know is, how the hell does a guy buy a DQ sundae, and immediately board a plane without the damn thing even melting a little? Ridiculous.

Any commercial in which a white guy is forced to play a stupid fuck while some all-knowing woman or minority gives him his come-uppance is shit to me. Don't even think I'm going to go out and buy your tupid fucking product after watching you insult my intelligence. :mad:

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oh come on, I quite enjoy those. It keeps the fantasy alive that all I have to do is spray some shit on me and I will be on the bottom of a hot chick dog pile ...

That being said, for me the most annoying ones right now are those Chevy Cobalt ones where they have the steryotypical nerd behind the driver seat and through a few different versions, a buddy wants him to break the rules of the road (ie. play loud music, have more people than seat belts or even, gasp, to allow his firend to eat in the car) but he lways says no, much to the appeasment of some creepy guy in his front yard. Very lame commercials and they run constantly.

Draft saved Draft deleted