1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annoying co-worker problems, please help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DannyDennett, Jun 20, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dude. That's the bomb.

2. DannyDennett

DannyDennett New Member

Thanks for the jokes and funny responses. For whomever wanted to know, this idiot was hired at my paper because only four applied. The first three turned down the offer. He got in by default.

If anybody can tell me how to post a photo, I'll post a pic of this dude's desk. You guys got to see this shit!

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

link here [ /img]

Remove the space in the second [ /img]

4. DannyDennett

DannyDennett New Member

Uh, well we have a break room that has a kitchen table and napkins on it. He could eat there like the rest of the office does. And, I'm not being anal. This dude eats from the moment he gets to work to the moment he leaves. Since he never shuts up, he talks with his mouth open. Other than barbeque, this dude eats chilli-cheese fritos and then licks his fingers, smacking all the time. From time to time he shakes peoples' hands. Fucking gross!

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ace was being sarcastic. He doesn't believe in the blue font.

6. boots

boots New Member

Do not post a photo of the guy's desk. What purpose would it serve? Also, would you want him to do the same to you?
    Again, instead of telling us about the problems you are having, have you tried to talk to him?

7. DannyDennett

DannyDennett New Member

Yes, everybody in the office has confronted him on their own, and we've done it as a group. We've even left him handwritten notes on his desk to shutup. Nothing works. It's very surreal to confront him because he laughs at you like you've telling him there were martians in your house before you got to work. Then he says, "Don't be a douche, let's all try to get along up in he-ah (mocking his yat accent)."

When he gabs on and on about karate and how great he his, people tell him "Dude, I'm on deadline. I have to work now." and the idiot responds, "Ah, don't be a douche." Then he goes on telling you about his weekend or how he kicked some dude's ass at karate over the weekend, or how great his fat girlfriend is. It's fucking surreal. Nobody in my office has ever met anyone like this guy.

My editor says he's washed his hands of him. My editor has an office, separate from our non-private, non-partitioned desks. Consequently, my boss shuts his door. When the guy wants to go in there, he just walks on in without knocking or anything. And, he talks to you while you're on the phone. When you tell him to shutup, he says, "Now why do you wanna be a douche like dat?"

It has helped here lately with my boss sending the dude on wild goose chases that burns up his gas and gets him out of everybody's hair.

We have all talked to him civilly and we've all cussed him out. Nothing works. He thinks we all love him and his stories about how perfect he is. He thinks we're all his friends and continually he invites us to his home or out for drinks. Nobody takes him up on it, and he replies, "Oh well, be dat way why don'tcha. You fargin' douche! You tink yer too good fer me, dontcha? Ah, fargin jagoff."

That's another thing. Dude cusses all of the time. It's goddamn this, fuckin' that, every other word. I cuss alot too, that doesn't bother me, but he calls sources like the sheriff and cusses at him, saying things like, "Get-da-fock-outta-he-yuh."

The sheriff has told every reporter in the office that he will not talk to this guy. Then the dude says the sheriff is a jackoff focker, an arsehole or whatever. We tell him, "no, he just won't talk to you!" and then the dude says we're being douches.

I'm telling you this guy is unreal. Never in all of my life have I ever encountered such an idiot. Never. He will eventually get fired and the upper management seems to believe he'll try to get unemployment compensation if he is fired. They are starting a paper trail. He does just enough work to not get fired.

But believe me, we have talked to him. He doesn't take anyone seriously, not even the boss and he will argue with a stop sign.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

www.journalismjobs.com

9. DannyDennett

DannyDennett New Member

The idiot's desk. My desk isn't tidy all of the time, but it is when I get to work in the morning and when I leave at night.

I'm sick of this dude. I don't care. He has been told time and time again to clean up his desk. If he can't do that, then he shouldn't mind everyone on this site seeing how horrible it looks. How can anyone work like this?

[​IMG]

10. boots

boots New Member

Putting the guy's desk on here is wrong. No if's and's or but's about it.
    If your sports editor can't do anything with him, then go over his head. The way you are going, this will not end well.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Danny, please ignore any advice Boots gives. That approach works for the rest of us.

12. DannyDennett

DannyDennett New Member

I don't work in sports, fyi.

Draft saved Draft deleted