1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annoying Buzz at World Cup Games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I just don't get it. Shell out bucks to attend a sporting event, and instead of watching it, enjoying it and cheering... I'll blow this little f*cking horn over and over and over! I just don't get it.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

African instrument, hell. We used to take those things to the stadium when I was a kid in the '60s.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So you're saying they were good in the beginning but went too far?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If nothing else, the Reich's PR was extremely effective. Its PR was all about selling the regime's plan to a public that normally wouldn't agree to sending millions of Jews to their death.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And FIFA is trying to sell a regime's plan to a public that normally wouldn't agree to sending millions of its children to play a boring game and fatten up on orange slices. Totally the same.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have that ringtone too. It goes off when I put the phone on "vibrate."

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'd rather have a snowcone.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Did I forget to use the Marge Schott font?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Dan Loney argues that they should be banned...

10. The engines are really loud at auto races. Perhaps they should switch to hybrids

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Martin Rogers too.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/buzzkill-vuvuzelas-ruining-world-cup-experience--fbintl_ro-vuvuzela061410.html

Based on Loney and Rogers' views, I'm considering becoming a supporter of the vuvezelas. If Jen Chang were to come out against them, that would seal the deal.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The difference being that the crowds at auto races are different than the crowds at international soccer games.

Draft saved Draft deleted