1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AnnArbor.com apologizes for reporter's comment during live chat

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WolvEagle, Mar 16, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The thing that makes me pissed off about this is the idea that Rich Rodriguez would ever stoop to the level of recruiting a felon, academic liability or some other version of a low life just to win a game or two...... ::)

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

1. You could make the case that its inappropriate for a beat writer to make a comment like that on a live chat. Fine. I think writers should either be given some rein or not do the chats at all.

2. It's nothing compared to making a joke about running over cyclists.

3. You really don't know that he's been clean for 2 years.

4. Do you get bent when people make fun of Michigan State?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'd better start doing a hell of a lot more of it, because the biggest problem the UM fanbois have is that "a game or two" is about all he's been winning since he arrived.

Of course, DickRod went 5-7, considered an absolute disaster. Up the road in Spartyland, the alleged "no-nonsense disciplinarian" Dantonio played a two-deep lineup full of criminal assault perps and turned in a glittering record of 6-7. Woohoo. :D :D :D :D :D

4. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

I've been clean for all of my 34 years on this planet (aside from some speeding tickets, that is).
    I've also never been accused of anything I've later had to have been cleared of.
    Do I win some sort of medal?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Unless you play at the D-I level where two months without an arrest is an accomplishment for Oregon's football team.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. Participation.

And I'll be dipped in yellow shit if some Michigan fanboi is going to tell me what is and isn't a dick move. I grew up a Michigan fan, I covered Michigan and I see nothing wrong with what Birkett did. He shouldn't have to apologize, except for a PC jellyfish not wanting to offend anyone. If you don't want to face the slings and arrows, don't commit the crime. Period. And the coach, who will be the only one in Michigan HISTORY, to get the program put on NCAA probation doesn't like it, he and the blind loyalists can let the door hit them in the ass on the way out.
    People here are right; if it was Sparty, they'd be giggling for weeks. But it's Michigan and the skin is quite a bit thinner.

7. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

[/quote]
    Yes. Participation.
    [/quote]

Sweet. I always wanted one of those.

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Slappy - You got it all wrong. It's maize shit. :)

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's a dick move to come on a sports journalists message board and complain about a reporter's actions. Doesn't this make you more money anyway through all the fanbois complaining about this with every post?

10. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

Brian is just as much a sports journalist as most folks on this board.

(Sorry, Brian)

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This made me laugh too. :D

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not to pile on Brian, but I've seen you write worse things about your own readers.

Remember Dave from the mailbag? In fact, I'm pretty sure Dave is a fellow sports writer. I know you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Draft saved Draft deleted