1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anna Nicole BELOW THE FOLD in hometown paper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Feb 9, 2007.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Your paper didn't play this story anywhere? Nowhere? A story that was on for about 18 hours straight on most news networks yesterday?

I mean, gatekeeping is one thing. But it's got to be somewhere.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The day of the death, I was around and about, and I heard many people talking about it, like I haven't heard them talking about anything else. At the very least, it merited front-page standalone art refering to the story inside. And playing the story out front would not have irked me.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I proud to say we had a reefer above the masthead (part of a regular reefer) to a story inside. Good on our wire editors.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fixed.

5. [​IMG]

6. scribe21

scribe21 Member

We didn't have it, period. NADA! I was shocked

7. No doubt. It kills me how these stupid cable news channels are playing it like the death of the Pope. Fantastic journalism.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fantastic journalism is giving people what they want to read, sir.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

But, but readers aren't as smart as us. We know what's best for them, just look at our recent success rate.

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

But don't you get it, Shottie? We're so much more enlightened than the great unwashed. Just because they care about it doesn't mean we should give it to them. ::)

Edit: Yikes, pallister posted the same point seconds before I did.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Merely shows great minds think alike. ;)

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Proud to say that's what we did, too, though our reefer/briefs package is at the bottom of the page.

Draft saved Draft deleted