1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ann Killion - classy lassy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big_Space, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How many people have gotten on twitter and said something dumb impulsively?

Someone should start a thread. ;)

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Wow. Real bad on her part.

3. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

It's a real shame what Twitter makes people do.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good thing she does not work for ESPN she would be getting a 2 week suspension.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe she meant someone else on FSU. No telling how many crimes Jimbo's crew is responsible for.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That's the worst part of it for me. If you're going to tweet that, stand by and leave it up. And if you're going to take it down, don't follow up with that passive-aggressive "alleged" tweet.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think the follow up tweet on "alleged" was even worse.

I love writing professionally, long form, on Facebook but I really dislike Twitter for this reason. We're constantly told to Tweet but, really, very few people in our business can find the balance between being funny or edgy without offending people.

The big lesson. All Twitter can really do is harm you.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Only if you're so dumb you can't be trusted with 140 characters without libeling someone.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe it wasn't professional, and maybe reporters should be more objective, but was a single person actually offended by the tweet?

Are we going to make Bill Cosby into America's greatest villain, but pretend Jameis Winston and Kobe Bryant aren't rapists?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I very much enjoy Ms Killion but that went too far. Hopefully she learns not to do that again. I believe she's too smart not to learn

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I blame this on the copy desk and editors that let it go through to Twitter.

Oh ... wait a minute.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Eh. The only problem is that reporters don't maintain separate twitter accounts for business and personal.

She never has her reporter's hat off when she tweets from the same account she uses for business purposes.

At worst it was a joke in poor taste. If she's not a journalist, no one cares.

Draft saved Draft deleted