1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ann Curry Officially & Tearfully Bids Goodbye To "Today"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jun 28, 2012.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Definitely not Norville 2012.

The number of eyeballs watching TV has gone down so much in the last 20 plus years. Morning shows still make a ton of money but the level of attention people pay is down sharply.

2. How was she a groundbreaker? There have been women in her kinds of jobs for decades.

And in what sport do you carry the ball over the finish line?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In other words, Ann Curry is the Tebow of TV.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She was pretty unwatchable and count me among those who have no idea how she could be considered groundbreaking.

I thought Meredith Vieira did a great job when she was on and the second they went with Curry, the show took a huge dip. I thought there were a lot of times where she looked really nervous and when you're on that level, that can't happen.

They used to run tons of clips of her on The Soup and that definitely wasn't a compliment.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She's Asian American. I know, I didn't know that until a few years ago. Also didn't realize she was married to Brian Ross.
    I think people did respond to her though. She was the loyal employee who did the work and didn't make a fuss, only to get passed over by some new hotshot from outside and remained the good soldier hoping that one day that the bosses would suddenly realize her worth and reward her.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Say what you want about Ann, but wow-talk about failing upward with this...holy cow! We should all be one one thousandth as lucky.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm sorry, but this Ann Curry video never gets old. I laugh every single time.

Draft saved Draft deleted