1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ann Arbor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I can't look at that video with a smarmy Tony Dearing on it... makes me want to puke.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I worked many moons ago with a couple of the people who work up there now. They know what they are doing. I hope they will be able to land somewhere that values their talents more highly.

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Now that I know I was competing with Moddy and HH for the same gig back in the day ... :)

Wow. Wow. Wow. I thought they had a remarkable peroduct, held UM's athletic department's feet to the fire like few other, and seemed solid in a solid community.

I wonder what Carty's reax will be.

RB

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

No need to wonder, RB. From Carty's blog:
    I feel horrible for him, and for everyone still there.

5. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I'm in Hour 5 digesting the news, chatting with former collegues, taking cell calls, answering email.
    Nothing more to add except I plan on sitting at the bar stool at 6 p.m., and drinking until I fall over.

Very sad indeed.

6. Cerainly sad news here, but in no way surprising given the way things have been there for the past year. Unfortunately, it's hard to imagine several Booth papers won't meet the same fate relatively soon. SHIT

7. lapdog

lapdog Member

Dead meat by summertime.

No.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Your avatar always creeps me out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

No newspaper in Ann Arbor as of June ...

Himmmmm, when (if?) Michigan wins another national championship in football or basketball, how will the school get posters of a front page to display in their offices? And there'll be no more pictures of players holding up front pages of "instant editions" that say "UM Champs" ... course, there won't be any photogs to take those pictures anyway .... ah, screw this line of thought. Makes me wanna cry. (Maybe the sarcasm font isn't appropriate; do we have an irony font?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wait, you lost me. If the business model doesn't work, the rest of the chain will follow suit -- how? Wouldn't it make sense for them to follow the community news site if it does work and show promise? Not being a dick, just confused.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Speaking of community news sites, does anyone know what changes the community news sites and papers will have, if any at all?

Draft saved Draft deleted