1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ann Arbor News going to mostly web

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by budcrew08, Jul 23, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Fail" is one of the oldest memes on the internet.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And that FAIL site? Only one of the greatest sites ever.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And becoming one of the most OVERUSED as well.

4. RickStain

Fail.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

But the Twitterers just found out how clever it was to put # before Fail on their posts.

Some background on its rebirth.

http://www.slate.com/id/2202262/

6. RickStain

Seems to me that some Slate reporter just found out about it. Other than the google search thing, he didn't really give any proof that it's resurging.

Maybe it's just the place I hang out on the net, but I never knew it went away.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Second Sunday edition is out today.

If it's anything like the Thursday edition, there is very little local copy in it.

As of last Thursday, they were still having delivery problems. I know people who had prepaid for the whole quarter and still haven't got a paper on time.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Did they get their whole quarter back?

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"An appalling pile of crap."

http://www.metrotimes.com/news/story.asp?id=14241

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Anything Jack Lessenberry writes needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He has no feel for any marketplace and has made a career out of working at smaller papers (Metro Times, O&E, Toledo Blade) and sniping from the shadows.
    When the man rips his staff for needing to work harder at a company awards banquet, to have the GM have him in an arm bar at his throat, you know he's a fuck up.
    While it might be a steaming pile of crap, it's that without Lessenberry pontificating.

11. The last 10 inches of Lessenberry's article is devoted to World War II, the fall of the Berlin Wall and The Bomb. Say what you will about AnnArbor.com, but as steaming piles of crap go, his petty tirade is right up there.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lessenberry is a fucktard of the highest order.

Draft saved Draft deleted