1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angus Jones: Two and A Half Men is "Filth"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That eliminates everything south of the Mason-Dixon line.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dude, it's not some badge of honor. That only means you aren't qualified to judge it.

Funny how folks don't get that.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I can judge it off 15-second excerpts and the cast listing. It's shit.

I also never ever watched the Cosby Show and that's a badge of honor too.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's 19. Old enough to vote. If he really has moral issues with this stupid show, the proper response is simply to leave the cast citing personal reasons or whatever. If he's still taking the money, mouthing off is really wrong, and Lorre would be well within his rights to write the character out of the show in the next episode.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, the church he has aligned himself with is Seventh Day Adventist, and they definitely march to the beat of their own drum, but if this is the path that he has chosen for himself, and he is finding peace in that choice without hurting anyone else, who are we to criticize? I would also like to note that while he did issues an apology, he did not back off his comments that the show is filth.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Christopher Hudson, the doomsday cult-leader Angus is infatuated with has been denounced by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Ah figured the Forerunner Chronicles was affiliated with the church, that I clearl didn't look much further into. Colour me wrong.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Two points.

You said you have never watched a second of the show, then you say you are judging it based on 15-second excerpts. Which is it?

Either way, your judgement of a show you have never watched is useless.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I could deal with dirty Charlie Sheen, but I cannot take whiny, mooching Jon Cryer and his fart-filled kid who can't get into a paper bag, let alone act his way out.

Otherwise, it's aces.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

From you, the highest praise.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bump to note that I caught up to Kandi's return appearance on OnDemand.

Don't know what else is happening on the show, but that episode is definitely worth your 23 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted