1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angus Jones: Two and A Half Men is "Filth"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/26/actor-cbs-comedy-two-and-a-half-men-is-filth/

My guess is he's trying to go the Sheen route?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Isn't he making something like $300K an episode? That won't last much longer.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"I'll take 14:59 for $200, Alex."

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I have never seen Two and Half Men, but based on what I read here, and elsewhere, the show is pretty filthy.

Didn't it have a running storyline about buying the kid hookers to lose his virginity?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If the same video had been produced by the Scientology church, his parents would have kidnapped him by now and taken him to a deprogrammer.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The show is all kinds of filth. Probably the filthiest show ever on network TV. In the story, the kid was about 16 when they put him in the role of maybe having a three-way.

As for the statement, I don't know if he is going the Kirk Cameron conversion route, but it does sound like he is yet another actor who has had enough of working with Chuck Lorre. That list would include just about every actor who has ever worked with Chuck Lorre.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

In his defense, it is filth. More so than any other network show I've ever seen.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I actually think "Two Broke Girls" is worse.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is the show that made a gag out of a main character being murdered, and that wasn't even surprising.

Still, that kid has basically been along for the ride for years and made a hell of a lot of money from that "filth."

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All I know of that show is when Moddy mentioned the two references to anal within the first five minutes one week. Yeah, that was pretty bad. 2 1/2 would at least go for a euphemism or work around it a little bit.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But enough about the Thanksgiving episode.[/crossthread]

12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

$350,000 an episode ... not bad work if you can get it ... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted