1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angry Daly "tweets" writer's phone number

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I dealt with Daly twice and thought he was tremendous, but there's a big difference between a couple quick-hit interviews and the golf guys who actually cover him.

This is the same guy who whipped his cock out in front of Rick Reilly.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Which Reilly glowingly reported in his book.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Rick likes it when Kobe does it too. He just doesn't write about it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Garry's line about "It's nothing compared to what I would get after a Florida-Georgia game."

Apparently golf fans are better behaved than insane Gator fans.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Which Riles lapped up like a thirsty St. Bernard.

6. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Man, no wonder newspapers are in trouble based on some reader comments on this story. It's astounding and disturbing how uninformed and idiotic some people are.

Here's a couple of examples (from Fan House) that I found particularly troubling:

"There go the writers. They get a little of their own medicine and they can't take it boohoo. Most of them should be tarred and feathered and their lives put on display as someone else sees it."

"If you write it, you better be prepared to take the backlash. What a bunch of babies. You can write all the near-slanderous and private matters about people, but have to run to the court when you're taken to task for your so-called journalism? I'd throw right out of court if I were a judge. Suck it up!"

"The newspaper is WRONG. A slow news day so they print a story that they hope will ( and did ) get a reaction from John. Home and work phone numbers should be released for all concerned at the newspaper. From the reporters to the owners of the paper. Then we could call them directly and see how THEY like the harrassment."

What morons. As if writers' and editors' numbers are some well-kept secret. What is wrong with people?

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Nothing new. The day some fan or reader actually acknowledges the relevance of newspapers will be the first.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Wouldn't bother me if John Daly did this to me.

I don't really care who has my phone numbers. I'm a reporter, after all, and I give 'em out to everybody, anyway.

I actually return calls, too.

9. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I'm not sure Gary actually had a problem with it. I think the word he used was "amused."

Still, just shows the immaturity of Daly, who many still love for some reason. What a fool.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What's your number?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

867-5309. Ask for Jenny.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reason to like John NSFWhttp://holdencaulfield.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/john-daly.JPGNSFW

Draft saved Draft deleted