1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

angriest cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha, Carl Hiassen couldn't have written it any better.

2. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I lived in Orlando, and the problem is that there's no city. It's just a collection of suburban houses and apartment complexes with some malls strewn about. Don't think that anything in the International Drive area is Orlando, it's not. Residents never go down there.

6 months of the year it's beautiful, 6 months of the year it's hotter than hell, just miserable, with horrendous traffic to boot.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The airport experience leaving Orlando was enough to sour me on the place.

But I was covering the NCAA tournament in 2004.

All in all, though, pretty artificial place. Least you can read Bianchi there. And the excursion to Daytona was fun.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No.1: Orlando.
    Should be No. 1: The city COCKDIAN lives in.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They old adage about Oakland could certainly be applied to Orlando today. There's no there there.

6. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I'll have to challenge that one...

I lived in the Orlando area for 10 years, and I agree that Floridians are some of the rudest, most agressive drivers in the USA. However, I just got back from a week in San Diego, and the Californians were much more agressive - diving in and out of lanes, cutting in front of people, etc. Plus, they allow those stupid motorcyclists to drive in between the cars down the road, which is totally insane.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The fact that Philadelphia is 27th on this list tells me the authors and/or those polled have never been to Phiiladelphia.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

People in Philly are really pissed about not topping the list. Like all these Philadelphia-area bloggers (BLOGS!) are up in arms about it.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Never pictured Dyepack as an Orlando resident.......

Draft saved Draft deleted