1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

angriest cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. It's that fucking heat. You want to investigate who is the angriest cities, roll the dice and take your chances. Some of those states have people eating breakfast 90 miles from 4 million Cubans who are trained to kill them, so don't think for one second that you can come down there, flash a survey, and make them courteous.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In a crisis, yeah, i'd want to be surrounded by New Yorkers, too. They know how to respond and look out for one another.

Day-to-day, however, is a different story. The fast pace leads to a level of rudeness you find in few other places and patience on the same level as my 3-year-old.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed on Baltimore. Angry, angry place.

New York, as stated before, is not an angry place. I visited when I moved back east and I remember thinking that in spite of the busy pace and the heat and the priciness, the people there were some of the coolest I'd encountered. Ditto for Boston, which when I was growing up got the rude rap, as well.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

based upon dawg-pounders, how could cleveland not be on the list? ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If we're gonna' put Baltimore on this list Pittsburgh can't be too far behind. It's littered with bitchy old people and is ranked one of the worst for single people. How that can't piss people off is beyond me.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wilmington fucking Delaware is in the top 10? What the fuck do you have to be mad about in Delaware?

"Hey! No one stops here on their way to Maryland! Man, fuck those guys!"

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

You would think the good folks in Delaware would at least be pleased with the fact that they don't have to pay sales tax.

8. sportsfiend

sportsfiend New Member

The omission of Boston blows me away...

I was crossing the street in front of Boston Medical Center the other day and nearly got run over by some middle-aged prick in a BMW. I had a walk signal, but as the guy cut right off my heels he made sure to honk and give me the oh-so-friendly one finger wave.

Boston is a God-forsaken hell hole of anger...especially when it comes to sports.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

1. Philly.

2. Baltimore

3. Everyone else (Detroit?)

10. Hammer Pants

Fuck Mickey Mouse.

11. Hammer Pants

Yeah, but it costs like $43 per mile to drive through there. Assholes.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

St. Petersburg? Does it count if all of the angry people are 90?

Philadelphia and Boston should be 1-2. I'm sure all the residents want to throw batteries at the people who made that poll.

Draft saved Draft deleted