1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angie Jolie, the goddess of ... Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Jan 7, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

By MARTHA WAGGONER, Associated Press Writer

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina artist intrigued by the public obsession with celebrity has found herself feeding that obsession with a painting of actress Angelina Jolie as the Virgin Mary hovering over a Wal-Mart check-out line.

Kate Kretz has painted for 20 years but none of her previous work has garnered the attention given "Blessed Art Thou," showing this weekend at Art Miami, an annual exposition of modern and contemporary art.

The painting has gotten much attention from celebrity web sites and blogs. Since the buzz started, the number of daily unique visitors to Kretz's own blog has jumped from an average of 30 to 15,000 on Wednesday.

(Oh, and the headline on Yahoo.com is "Paiting [sic] of Jolie draws notice". Just sayin'.)

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Creepy.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Angie's biological baby has dark hair . . . I'm not a stalker, I swear.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Paging SC. SC, please pick up the pink courtesy phone.

Dammit, she picked up the phone before it rang. That's creepy. :D

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

You may be stalking the wrong celebrity family. (The Pitt kid does not have dark hair!)

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9526/people122506pitie7.jpg

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Interesting topic. Bad execution.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Pardon us, in which aisle can I find Tattoo Removal?"

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I was wondering this in the checkout line the other day: don't you feel sorry for the adopted kids? The boy is kinda cute, but the girl is a little on the ugly side. And now they have a sister dubbed "world's most beautiful baby". Screw the college fund, start saving up for therapy.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I just don't understand art.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

And that is always a good thing.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, but a lot of African babies can be unappealing when younger. Yet, college-aged ethnic women are always gorgeous. She'll be fine.

Maddox, I don't think, will age well however. He has that 'I'm adorable" thing that just has the clock ticking on him.

Draft saved Draft deleted