1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angie Harmon is NOT a racist!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Mar 31, 2009.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

She ruined Law and Order. She neutered Jack and she didn't have the acting chops to be in an 8th grade production of Our Town, much less network TV.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? He's a Bible thumper. He probably thinks the same way she does!

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know who she is, and that makes me happy.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Really? You're comfortable painting 25 million people with one brush? Hope you're not a journalist.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

lol

My sister lives there. I guess I still sting from the Bush administration.

Hey, Mean Joe went there!!!

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Rohm was worse for L & O than Harmon. I saw a preview for her new movie with Ryan Reynolds, and she looks -- disturbing. Very plastic.

I'd be curious to know what prompted this quote. Did someone actually accuse her of racism for a critique of Obama?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Steven Hill leaving was the critical thing that had L&O floundering for a few years. I actually think it's jumped back to the good side of the shark. McCoy is hitting his stride as the DA after a rough start, and the cop duo is the best one since Briscoe-Green. Linus Roache? Still not completely sold.

8. highlander

highlander Member

Audie Murphy was from Texas, what's your point? So was LBJ.

9. highlander

highlander Member

Oh no, people speaking their minds and not worshiping at the feet President Obama.

Guess it's okay when the liberal Hollywood actors and actress spew their political opinions, as long as they are liberal ones.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I may be missing a lot, but I actually don't see the "You're a racist" card played too often against Obama critics. (I mean by reasonable people, not Free Republic/Democracy underground commenter types).

I thought there'd be more of it, to be honest, and it would be cringe-worthy.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Once again, I guess you missed the multiple people posting that they'd be mocking Harmon no matter what she said.

You poor, persecuted Republicans. Forced to live under the oppressive reign of a Democrat in nine of the last 29 years. How do you guys manage to put one foot in front of the other and survive? It must be very difficult.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are you just saying that because her character was a lesbian?

Draft saved Draft deleted