1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anger management.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Aug 28, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I grab something at work that is already broken and smash it into another thousand pieces.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I usually listen to Pantera when I'm mad. It usually makes me angrier, but like a quiet angry. I don't blow up and yell very often. If I'm mad for long, I'll do some kind of physical exercise until I get tired. The anger might still be in my head, but it's not nearly as bad.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's kind of a cliche, but most of the time I find perspective by thinking about how other people in the world have it a lot worse than me.

I was a really angry child. This way is more fun.

When it's really, really bad these days, though, I do push-ups or have a tasty micro-brew. Or go somewhere will no one will hear me and yell as loud as I can. But that doesn't happen very often.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So was I. And I'm still angry, hence the thread.

Just curious, how did you get out of that stage?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

anger is a leading source of self imposed death. realize 98 percent of the shit that pisses you off isn't meant as a personal attack and usually takes place because of someone else's ignorance. deal with the other 2 percent and simply move on.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Easier said than done sometimes, Tomas.

I'm trying to do more to deal with it better, but I'm not always 100 percent successful.

7. when i'm really stressed i go for a run outdoors (treadmill won't do the trick when i'm angry) and mutter curses under my breath. Pretty sure people think i'm nuts but it works....

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it helps to talk it out. Some nutty caller drives you crazy, joke about it with a colleague. Your boss is acting like a jerk, tell your spouse/friend, etc., etc.

I get that stuff out instead of letting it fester and it just goes away.

10. KG

KG Active Member

I'm angry. I'm not just angry, but I find myself becoming quite bitter lately. In my situation, the only way to manage it all is to think about how it could be better in the future and take the steps necessary to make it happen.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

here's an honest reply: focus on the fact it's not personal. it's not worth being angry at someone's stupidity. your anger does not increase idiots' IQ points.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And it's something at which I need to get better. Thanks for the tips.

Draft saved Draft deleted