1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart killed in hit-and-run

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That's what I get for assuming.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Here's a screen grab from the LATimes site. On the left, Adenhart's death (22-years-old) and on the right, a woman celebrating her 115th birthday. Shows both spectrums with life.

It's a shame this happened.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Things like always come to mind whenever I see Charles Barkley laughed at or patted on the back on my television.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

AP moved the alert five minutes ago.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Except in Josh Hancock's case he was the only "raging drunk" in his accident. Luckily he didn't kill anybody else.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wikipedia is amazing ... Adenhart's page is already updated.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's terrible even if he was a horseshit prospect. And I know you are not suggesting otherwise, Trey. Not my point here. Just an awful thing for any family to face. 22 years old? Muthafug. I am sick to my stomach.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Jesus...just terrible.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

He pitched a heck of a game last night too: 6 IP, 7 H, O R, 3 BB, 5 SO.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Even though Adenhart apparently isn't the "raging drunk" here, I was referring to an in-season death of a team member away from the field of play.

Just an awful story.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I grew up in Hagerstown, played against Williamsport in sports. Talking to friends who still live there the last few years, Nick Adenhart was a BIG deal - western Maryland isn't exactly a hotbed of professional athletes. My heart goes out to his parents. The pride of watching him pitch last night to his death in a matter of hours... that is tragic.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

R.I.P. to Mr. Adenhart and the others lost, and add me to the list of people who hope the other driver rots in jail.

And Trey, I assumed the same thing when I read Williamsport.

Draft saved Draft deleted