1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angell on Bonds.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jgmacg, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Petco Park in San Francsisco?

Damn, I can't keep up with these stadium name changes.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

oopsidoodles.
    But I really liked the comparison between the outfield dimensions and the 100-meter dash.
    PEDs only explain a portion of what Bonds has done. Diluted pitching, smaller outfield dimensions, they all form pieces to the puzzle.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I've always respected Aaron's hitting the bulk of his dingers while playing for a shitty club during a pitching-dominated era.

As for Angell's column, well, it was kind of fluffy. If his thesis is that we can all enjoy baseball more now that Bonds' chase is over, I guess I agree.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Diluted pitching, agreed.
    Except that when Babe Ruth played, with just 16 teams and no other major sports luring away other talent, the pitching allegedly wasn't diluted enough. Because of the color line.
    Are there 14 staffs worth of black and Latin pitchers now? Then how did Ruth have it easier, in caliber of pitchers faced?

Draft saved Draft deleted