1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angelina Jolie has preventive double mastectomy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, May 14, 2013.

1. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Pharmaceutical companies spend way more on marketing than R & D.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, look at it this way...no more nip-slip photos she has to worry about....

...what? It was getting too serious in here. I'm trying to lighten the mood.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Why not? She made a point of saying in her op-ed that her nipples were saved.

Guys, guys. After she's completely healed in another few months, what you'd see if she took off her shirt (well not YOU), but what one would see is two normal breasts looking ample as ever and perhaps sitting slightly higher than they were before surgery.

I wouldn't put it past her to take on a role where she goes topless... for multiple reasons, some of them very courageous... just because that's who she seems to be.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should they not market their drugs?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, when you're talking a woman who deep-kissed her brother in public, anything's possible, I guess.

6. Humungus

Humungus Member

i wonder how that family guy guy feels after singing about her boobs at the oscars. according to the timeline she new about her upcoming surgeries whil he was singing.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do you know that or just guessing? Should she not be allowed to have her surgery if everyone can't have it?

Very well written, thoughtful and informative piece.

87% chance of breast cancer? wow

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, that 87 percent chance is coupled with her mother dying from cancer at a pretty young age (56) and her maternal grandmother died while in her 40s. I think it's safe to say something like that could scare you enough to go through anything necessary to lessen your chances of getting cancer.

In most cases, insurance covers the first two surgeries. In some cases it covers all three.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tell your doctor ....

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Even in cases where the nipple cannot be saved, tissue from another area such as the abdomen can be used to create a nipple. After healing from the initial surgery the area is 'tailored' for lack of a better term in another surgery and then tattooed so both nipples match in color and appearance as much as is possible.

11. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Friend of mine had the same preventative surgery. Died from breast cancer anyway. No matter what they do, they can never get every cell of breast tissue - that why Angelina's chances went to tiny, but not to zero.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

tom Cruise and psychiatry.

Draft saved Draft deleted