1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Feb 12, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I think this is going to go ok for Reid and the Eagles. People are saying "Oh, this could be the end for Reid." I don't see that, at all. I think Reid will be fine, and good luck to him.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I agree with that point. Much is being ballyhooed over whether or not Reid is coming back. He's back for sure as HC. Joe Banner and the staff can handle the scouting and other particulars while Andy's gone for a month.

For what Reid has done for the Iggles, he should have as much time as he needs to get his boys straighten out and get things back in order. He's doing the right thing by taking the leave of absence.

3. Just think, Dungy won a Super Bowl after his family tragedy ...

4. why would Joe Banner scout anybody?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

His sons are 23 and 21, in the eyes of the law grown men who are, and should be, responsible for their own actions.
    But I guess a parent's job is never really done.

6. Reid seems like a good guy and I hope his kids get the help they need. Considering how old his kids are, I'm not sure what Reid or his wife can do for them except actually be there (which may or may not have been the problem in the first place)....

7. boots

boots New Member

Andy Reid is good people. He needs to take care of his family anbd he's doiing it. His kids are assholes. Rich, spoiled and don't know a damn thing.
    Don'y worry about Andy's job. He's loved and respected in Philly. He's loved and respected in the NFL.
    Say a prayer for his family. They could use it.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's an oddity when you see Mormon kids get off the track. The families that I know are very close knit with very discipline respectable kids. At the ages of the Reid's they are either on a 2 year mission or have just gotten back. It appears that the Reid's mission was to terrorize Philadelphia.

9. boots

boots New Member

That's just wrong.

10. Boom_70

What's wrong about it ? I have great respect for the Mormon faith and the emphasis that it places on the family. Its just unusual to me to see kids of Mormon faith get off the track . You don't see it much in my area.

11. boots

boots New Member

Off the track? Man, Reid's kids were running the train.

12. Boom_70

That's just wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted