1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andy Reid dogs Eagles press corps

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spud, Aug 4, 2009.

1. spud

spud Member

What the fuck is this mess about a pact? Guess this means they're not invited to his clubhouse for woman-hating after practice tomorrow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4374410

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Fat Boy has been for the most part accessible and somewhat up front about Bird injuries. I think WIP's "breaking" the story pissed him off.
    Talk radio. Something has to be done about it.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Something has to be done about people doing their job and reporting the news?

Andy Reid can shove his attitude up his ass.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

People who have either covered or cover know what I mean about WIP. Sometimes, like with Bradley, they luck up. Don't have anything against them but many times, they'll throw crap against the wall and you spend a day chasing down their crap.

5. Writer33

Writer33 Member

I heard someone talking about this on ESPN radio yesterday. They said that Reid has always been upfront about injuries as long as reporters go through him for the information. He doesn't like it that someone went either to the player or another source for the info.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Boo-effing-hoo.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's legit for Reid to be that way. It's also legit for reporters to now find other sources (players, personnel) for news. Sources Andy Reid has to keep completely leashed. And that is not that easy sometimes. It may not quite be a 50/50 "benefit/give up something" relationship between Reid and the press corps, but it is at least a little symbiotic.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

McNabb talked about him being out for the season after Reid wouldn't talk about it.
    It is a fine line. You need to be able to get solid info. Most coaches won't say shit about injuries. If Reid has a long history of being straight on that, you probably should accept that. He's very much in the minority if that's the case.

Also, drip, nice dig on a man's size. Like that has shit to do with anything. Besides, he's dropped abut 75 pounds on the same plan Friedgen used to lose 100 (so far)

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Reid has an ego and is a control freak. The news was going to come out about Bradley. He's just miffed that he heard it on WIP first.
    Note to Moddy, I'm a big man so it's not not a dig. And I'm quite sure he has been called nastier names.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

What are you talking about? You're fat, so it's okay to call others fat?

What a drip.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'm fat, too. Real fat. But being fat is not what makes me an asshole. Being an asshole is what makes me an asshole.
    Size has nothing to do with it.
    He's a coach. No good coach is without ego.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Or a furry mustache.

Draft saved Draft deleted