1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andromeda Strain

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, May 27, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

So I caught Part 1 on A&E last night ... not bad for a made-for-TV flick. (Never did see the original or read the book, so have no way to compare at all, but was at least entertaining.)
    Of course, how can you go wrong casting Benjamin Bratt right alongside Ricky Schroeder, right?
    TiVo is set to record Part 2 for me to watch after shove tonight ... anyone else see this?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

CRAP! I reminded myself like 20 times to record it and then plum forgot. I assume they'll be running it a few thousand more times after all the money they've spent on it. On my last trip to NYC, every surface of every subway station was covered with advertising for it.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Part 1 is rerunning right now. Presumably, Part 2 starts at 9.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Can't program the Tivo from the ballpark (actually I can online, but I don't know how). Time to call the missus!

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Saw the first one many times. If there's a compelling reason to watch this one . . . I'm all ears.

6. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

I think they are showing both back to back starting at 11 after part two runs tonight.

7. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

and yeah, thought it was pretty entertaining.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Ben Bratt ... not selecting his projects well. Not all of Crichton's books were written to be movies. We learned this from "Disclosure."

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The 2008 script treatment of the novel was not nearly as good as the original. Takes a seriously X Files turn in part two, to its detriment.

10. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Saw bits and pieces of the first part before heading out. Any movie that has Andre Braugher probably isn't too bad. Will likely Tivo it later this week.

11. rascalface

rascalface Member

Wow, what a steaming pile.

The original movie (and book) is a science fiction classic. This doesn't come close. A&E should be embarrassed.

Poorly cast. Poorly written. Poorly executed. Blech.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

"Own it 6/3 on DVD." I'll take overly hopeful ads for $200 ...

Draft saved Draft deleted