1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andrew Dice Clay - Redux/Resurrection/Please Just Stop, etc.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Anyone else planning to watch this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice_Undisputed

His new VH1 reality show. I thought this guy was hilarious in my youth.

Okay, I still think much of his material is funny. On Day the Laughter Died, it's a very Andy Kaufman-esque scene as he takes the stage with no material and just rips the audience for two hours. And damn funny.

Not as great a standup comedian as Sam Kinison or George Carlin (or Eddie Murphy in his prime), but he had his niche. Will be interesting to see how this show is, and if it's watchable.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

"Either you suck dick, or you do not ... suck ... dick."

From some rant on bisexuals. I'm frightened that that's all I remember.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I love Dice when I was in high school. Dare I say, I have matured somewhat since then. I guess he's OK if you don't take him seriously. Watching Lisa Lampanelli, I'm reminded a lot of Dice's act. She's like the female version of him.

And speaking of the show, I knew it was coming up and looked it up today on VH1.com to see when it debuted. You can watch the first episode online at VH1.com.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/dice_undisputed/116165/episode.jhtml

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's what I do.................... it's all I do! Ohhhhhhh!!!!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why do I have to sleep in the wet spot?

6. So you wanna hear about my trip to the store? No? Well, now I'm gonna fuckin' talk about it for an hour-and-a-half.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've never understood what was so funny about Dice.
    Go to Everett or Revere, Mass. and you'll find dozens, maybe hundreds of guys just like him.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"Wha ... you just lost 10 pounds? Yeah, from your belly to your ass."

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hickory dickory dock ...

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I saw Dice at Pips in Brooklyn when he was Andrew Clay and Dice was just one of the characters that he played. He's not a top stand up, but he is genuinely funny and smart. He also talked frankly about sex, when there wasn't a lot of that talk out there.

But he lost is mind when he became famous. I don't know whether it was the money or the self loathing that a bunch of stupid nursery ryhmes will be his signature joke, but he lost it along the way. I still pop in The Day the Laughter Died -- where it seems that he's just making stuff up off of the top of his head -- every now and then and I think that it is borderline genius.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I caught a few minutes of the reality show this morning. He claims he'll be playing arenas again at the beginning of the show. Then it shows him in these little clubs getting absolutely no laughs. It's sad.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've actually read some good reviews of this show. I'm intrigued enough to check it out...

Draft saved Draft deleted