1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anderson, SC shakeup, part deux

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BigRed, Jun 7, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Sources tell the BigRed pipeline that embattled sports editor John Brasier has worked his last day at the Anderson Independent-Mail.
    Mr. Brasier walked out of the AIM this afternoon on his own accord - no two weeks' notice - to take a newly created position at the Suburban Journals, a chain of Upstate South Carolina weeklies.
    Godspeed, Mr. Brasier, although some in South Carolina would probably add good riddance.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And since he left the way he did, I'd be willing to bet he's personna non grata at Scripps.

4. The BigRed Pipeline > The Rules of Golf Pipeline.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed...

6. boots

boots New Member

John apparently has a good deal that he would be foolish to pass up on. I'm sure there will be more to come about this one.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I don't use The Pipeline often, but when I do, I try to make sure it's working correctly......... and Slap, wasn't that sewer line giving you problems this time last year? Sounds like a stinky situation.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Had to wear hipwaders...

And John was crazy to leave. He was trumped as SE because he didn't do much. The ESE didn't ask him to do much more than he was doing and yet he left.
    He was foolish to leave; he had a cake situation.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I wish John well, but honestly, as absent-minded as he was when I knew him, I'm sort of surprised he was still there, especially with the recent shakeups that seemed to come from nowhere.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

A day so many of us thought would come so long ago -- yet at the same time thought never would happen.
    Hopefully the new gig will be good for John Brasier, his wife and his two children.

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

While I'd be lying if I said John wasn't part of the reason I left Anderson, I'd also be lying if I said I agreed with the way the the executive editor dealt with the situation at the AIM.

John's a good man and a good journalist who was set up to fail in Anderson.

I'm not going to get into a big debate here, I just wanted to pass along my best wishes to John, who I didn't know had had a second child.

But slappy, saying he was crazy to leave just because he got trumped as SE is crazy talk. I know the new SE is your boy, but the all the behind-the-scenes/back conniving in this situation was ludicrous.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How much of that was the new SE and how much of that was management?

Draft saved Draft deleted