1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anderson, S.C., shift of power?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Apr 10, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Heard this today out of Anderson, SC. One of SJ's favorite whipping papers has changed leadership in its section.

(John) Brasier is no longer in charge. As of
    yesterday, Scott (Adamson) is Executive
    Sports Editor -- noticed the capital letters, you know
    you're important when those are there -- and has
    authority to tell Brasier what he can and can't cover.

No, it's not as much of an impact as the AJC's situation, but a lot of people on SJ have been through Anderson.

And with that, I give you my 4,000th post.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And p.s., while I don't like the end-around run on Brasier, Adamson is the right guy to run that department.
    The section will get improve as a whole, and if Brasier sticks around, he should be a decent columnist.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've worked for Adamson, and he's nothing but the best in my book. Now if he can cut down on the cigarette breaks.... :)

4. Does the paper still have the weather doggie?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did Greg Wallace pick up a new nickname? :D

6. Wasn't that long ago they had a little dog in the corner of the front page that told you the day's weather.

7. Leaux bleaux!

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

While waiting for Yankee to chime in, I'll reiterate here that the EE as this place needs a fucking lesson in dealing with people and making his "local, local, local" newspaper a decent place to work.

And, I know slappy and others who have worked with Adamson swear he's a good guy (from the Adamson hired in Anderson thread) ... but knowing this was what was going to happen and doing it anyway is fucking lame of the highest order.

While I don't necessarily disagree with what MU said regarding the section, I think the actions of the EE and now the ESE (that is hilarious) show that they're two of a kind.

I just hope Scott makes sure he's got those Auburn results in, or Rusty Boggs might be the new EESE before too long.

9. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Did you know that, when you drink the Blue Gatorade, your shit turns green?

rb

10. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

And who is this EE of which we speak?

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Don Kausler.

Jr.

12. We are a board of curious enthusiasms, I'll give us that.
    (Isn't Anderson the hometown of should-be-hall-of-famer Jim Rice?)

Draft saved Draft deleted