1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And your first can't-miss-seeing movie of 2008 is...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

U2 3D

Filmed with every 3D camera in the world, the movie is amazing...the sound quality is unmatched; the visuals fantastic. Perhaps what I liked most about it is that it looks like it was directed by a 40-something (which it was)...what I mean by that is that each shot lasts more than 1 second, unlike most concert vids these days!

It's not over-the-top (which is strange, because when I saw this very same tour I found the concert itself WAS over the top) and my favorite song was "With or Without You."

If you like music, regardless of genre, you'll love U2 3D. If you grew up with "Live at Red Rocks," you'll see it more than once.

And wait until you see what an audience of Argentine girls looks like in 3 D.

It's in limited release tomorrow.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

By U2 3D, do you mean Rambo?

Although I was pissed when I found out U2 3D doesn't hit Cleveland for another month. :mad:
  3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I read a review that said that it paled compared with Rattle and Hum.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

It was shown at the IMAX theater here a few days ago. I balked at the $40 ticket price.
  5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I am actually in Rattle and Hum. OK, so I'm a little tiny pixel in the scene when B.B. King comes onstage for "When Love Comes To Town."

We had gone to the first show the night before in Fort Worth, and it was so phenomenal we bought scalped tickets for the next night -- even though we were poor-as-shit college students. We were on the floor the night they shot that scene. Still the best concert-going experience of my life. U2 was (maybe still is) incredible in concert.

But $40 for the fucking movie? I don't think we paid that much for the tickets.
  6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

$40? Holy jeez...
  7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only thing U2 is better at than making music is overcharging...

I'm glad I saw them years ago because there isn't a band out there I would pay $200 face value to see and no movie ever is worth $40...
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the DVD, thanks. I have an IMAX theater at home.
  9. Marvin

Marvin Member

Actually, I was on the floor for the first two shows of the Elevation Tour, including once in the front row, and all it cost me was $50. I don't know what the deal is with $40 for an IMAX movie, but U2 has a great reputation for treating fans well.
  10. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

No offense, but the one can't-miss movie of 2008 I can think of is Star Trek. Yes I know it doesn't hit until Christmas.

I watch movies about as often as Mike gets laid.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

C'mon, dude, it's not even $20 a ticket at the IMAX on Broadway in NYC!
  12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'll raise you Indiana Jones
Draft saved Draft deleted