1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And yet ANOTHER dead wrestler (take a second to guess who it might be)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Oh, and Ellering has been a competitor and trainer for the Alaska Iditarod the last few years. I think he might have even written a book about the experience.

I found a link for Ellering if you care:

http://www.cabelasiditarod.com/mushers/elleringp.html

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The angle, if I remember right, was created after rumors that Hawk was a heavy partier. Back then, WWE liked to make angles that paralleled real life so they could claim it was all part of the show (they did it for a while, too -- Edge and Lita come to mind). But his death probably owed more to steroid use.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll always remember Ellering on Gerogia Championship Wrestling trying to set a "record" for stair stepping. Throughout the whole show, the cameras would occasionally cut away to him stepping up and down on a metal folding chair (I think that's what it was). An incredibly goofy feature of the show that day, but I still remember it more than 20 years later.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

To answer the question earlier in this thread, Brian Adams was the Demon when the gimmick was (literally) hatched with Kiss playing live during a Monday Nitro. As they were playing, Adams/Demon emerged from some pod thing by the ring. That may have been his only appearance as that character -- very soon after Torborg started donning the costume.

Also, Adams was in the Kronik tag team with Bryan Clark (Adam Bomb of WWF) during his WCW days.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did the Road Warriors and the Midnight Express ever square off. It would have been extra entertaining for Ellering and Cornette to duke it out.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A handful of times. They had a scaffold match at Starcade 86, I think, and it might have been the match where Cornette blew out his knee by falling off it. The Road Warriors also beat them for the tag titles once.

7. dooley_womack1

Whew, I'm relieved I didn't know all that.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I grew up on it. You might as well ask me to forget how to eat a donut or fail.

9. dooley_womack1

I don't wanna know how you eat fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted