1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And women wonder why men avoid commitment ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 23, 2008.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

OMG, that is my relationship up to first house part! Down to the camping and timeline and everything.

However, I'm all for the basement -- we already have tons of bar-type stuff to put in it. The kids will have their own rooms to put their crap in. Plus THERE WILL BE A POOL!

Oh yeah, and Dr. J and I are still 'tarded for each other.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's really, really funny.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm in the process of starting a long-distance relationship and this film just scared the crap out of me.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm glad my wife is NOT one of those 90 percent.

I can't tell you how many of my friends have wives just as that cartoon depicted. And I can't tell you how many of my friends say "I wish my wife was as cool as yours."

I feel lucky.

And I feel sorry for my friends who are living that life.

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

go ahead, kids, deny all you want.

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That was hilarious. I feel lucky that doesn't match my life (though being able to afford property would be nice).

I have a brother whose life that perfectly describes. He and his wife are completely uninteresting and live life just like that video: doing things they think they're suppoosed to be doing at each certain point in their lives, while also making sure to be as loud as possible about each development and openly question those who are not doing the exact same thing.

These are the type of people who have by-the-numbers, predictable weddings (you can practically recite the readings from memory if they're Catholic), buy a certain brand of small camcorder, recommended by their buddies, to record the birth of their children and name their kids after the grandparents, even if they have horrible names and the combination will cause the child to refuse to admit their middle name later in life.

Sports-wise, these are the yuppie types who can't wait to put their kids in T-Ball (where they will, of course, be one of the dads who coach), and listen to the club coach who starts telling them to "get that kid in club as soon as possible so they can get a scholarship!" And of course, daddy plays beer-league softball once a week - largely just to get the hell out of the house - and discusses the details of the game ad infinitum afterwards before slouching back home to the wife, who barely says hello because she has her eyes glued to Gray's Anatomy. Which, like all TV shows, they of course do not watch together, because they don't really like spending time with each other.

Wow. I think I extrapolated too much from that video. I'll send it out to a few people I know who won't get the point.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i found a lotta humor in that.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Preg-tember is the best part about that video.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Hell yeah... that was the subject line of the e-mail I used to send that link to my friends :)

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Side note: I don't think any woman wonders why men avoid commitment.

It's because you're pussies.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Ironically enough, Pregtember is followed by Ovulatober. Just in time for Halloween.

Draft saved Draft deleted